The best Hummus recipe
This recipe is so quick, easy and very, very tasty! I love to serve this with so many things. Buddha bowls, salads, with roast veggies, in sandwiches, with crackers...the list goes on. Its a great source of protein and its even better for you when it is home made. Lets get straight in to it shall we?
- 2x400g of canned Chickpeas rinsed and drained (or you could soak your own)
- 4 tsp of Tahini paste
- 2 cloves of Garlic chopped or crushed
- A generous pinch of sea Salt
- 6 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 tbsp of Lemon juice
- 6 tbsp of Water
- Paprika for sprinkling on top
- Coriander or Parsley for garnish
To a blender or bullet, add in the Chickpeas, Tahini, crushed Garlic, Salt, Olive Oil, Lemon and Water. Blitz till you have a smooth paste or a texture of your choice. If it is too thick add in an extra tbsp of Water.
Serve the dip with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a sprinkling of Paprika and chopped up Coriander or Parsley
If you feeling fancy, you can add in some jarred grilled Capsicum to give it that extra pepper flavour.