Quick and healthy curry recipe
An easy curry recipe is one of those things that you need in your cooking repertoire and this one is mine. It saves you from those days where you're too tired to cook and want minimal washing up. This recipe can be versatile and suit what flavours you like most or what you have on hand, so feel free to adjust the ingredients below.
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 chunk of Ginger sliced finely, about 2-3cm long
- 4 spring onions chopped or half a brown/red onion
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 Table spoon of Curry paste, I've used a good quality organic Thai Green paste
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 400gm can of Chickpeas rinsed
- 1 400gm of Coconut milk
- 250ml Water
- 1 Zucchini cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable stock paste or bone broth powder
- Choice of rice or naan bread to serve
In a pot over medium heat add in the coconut oil, ginger, onions, the roots and stalks of the coriander bunch chopped finely, curry paste, turmeric, and cumin. Cook this for about 4-5 minutes.
Rinse the chickpeas and place into the pot along with the water, veg stock, coconut milk and zucchini. Bring to a boil then let simmer with the lid on for about 10 minutes or until the veg have slightly soften. At this point you can taste and check if you want more seasoning - the veg stock is usually heavily seasoned so I didn't need to add any extra salt or pepper.
Add in the frozen peas and a handful of fresh coriander. Cook for about 2 minutes and serve warm over rice or naan bread with a wedge of lime and fresh coriander. I added a bit of left over shredded chicken in step 2 but you can leave this out for a vegan/vegetarian option.
How easy was that!! Dinner is done.
See you in my next post